Monday, January 17, 2011

Actor Pictures For Characters

I've been a few games where players would scour the internet looking for a picture of a certain actor that would fit their character to a T.  I always liked that idea.  You could also just look for some picture of a random person and use that as well, which would probably work better because it doesn't have the baggage that some actors have.  Think of playing a character who picked Jim Carrey as the actor for instance...

When the Lord of the Rings flicks were in the pre-planning stages, everyone had their perfect cast lists.  Just think of doing something like that for a RPG.  I just watched the official cast video from HBO for the Game of Thrones show, and it got me thinking about this idea again.

So, the next time you are coming up with a new character idea, or you want to flesh out your NPCs just a little more than you normally do, perhaps look for some actor or random person picture online.  An image is worth a thousand words.

2 comments:

  1. I suggest the following faces:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/themuseumofmodernart/sets/72157623741486824/

    To be honest I only used one face up to now. We'll see how I keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was an awesome link! :)

    ReplyDelete